On today’s episode of the Ultrasound Powered Clinician, Ohad speaks with Dr. Alex Del Duca, a specialist in Pain Management and Sports Medicine based therapies at West Coast Injection Training who utilizes ultrasound in order to «keep the residents of Vancouver Island moving.»
- How Dr. Del Duca brought ultrasound into his practice, and why he moved away from landmark-guided injections to ultrasound-guided injections.
- What steps he took in overcoming the ultrasound learning curve, and advice for other physicians who want to adopt ultrasound.
- What value ultrasound creates for his patients, and the benefits of being able to show a patient their issue on a screen in realtime.
- Why all new physicians should begin their training with ultrasound, and why landmark-guided injections are going to become a thing of the past.
- Where the future of ultrasound is headed, including automatic recognition, shareable videos, and printable procedure reports.
- What tools or teaching will help slow adopters bring ultrasound into their practice.
West Coast Injection Training’s website