Act One™ Clinician Terms
Act One™ Clinician Terms
Act One™ provides an easy and fun way for patients to view the first images of their baby by generating an animated video from the images you capture during an ultrasound exam. To provide your patients with access to Act One™, you must agree to these terms. These terms are supplemental to Clarius’ general Site/Cloud/App Terms and Conditions available at https://clarius.com/terms/ for use of the Clarius App and/or Cloud Services.
BY CLICKING ON THE “I AGREE” OR “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, OR ACCESSING OR USING THE ACT ONE™ SERVICE, YOU INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THESE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS.
- How Clarius will Contact Patients
Patient privacy and confidentiality is important to Clarius. Clarius will not use information from your medical records to contact the patient for the Act One™ service. Instead, the Clarius App contains a separate field for entry of the patient email address while your patient is physically present and can consent to Clarius contacting them. Clarius will only contact a patient if an email address is provided in this field, and consent to contact them is confirmed.
- Content of Patient Consent
We ask you to confirm your patient’s consent for Clarius to contact them. This consent may be obtained orally and documented using the checkbox provided prior to entering their email address. Below is a suggested disclosure that may be used to obtain their consent:I purchased/leased this ultrasound scanner from Clarius Mobile Health, and Clarius provides an optional free keepsake video of your scan today with upgrade optionsThis video/raw data is separate from your clinical appointment with me, from any images that I provide of your scan, and from my clinical analysis of your scanBy providing your email address, you agree to receive information from Clarius about the free video and potential upgrades. You can always unsubscribe from Clarius communications in the future.
- Content of Clarius CommunicationClarius will send an email to the provided patient email address that contains a link to the free Act One™ video. When viewing this video, the patient may be presented with options to purchase additional themes and/or download the underlying raw data. The patient’s viewing of the Act One™ content may be subject to additional terms between the patient and Clarius.
- Suggestions for Media InclusionYou have the ability to select the ultrasound media that is included in the Act One™ video. The Act One™ video is intended to be a keepsake for the patient. However, it will also be evidence of how you exercised your professional medical judgment. It is therefore recommended that you avoid the inclusion of media having pathology in the generated movie.
- Limitation of LiabilityUse of the Act One™ service is subject to the limitation of liability and other applicable terms in Clarius’ general Site/Cloud/App Terms and Conditions available at https://clarius.com/terms/. In particular, Clarius shall not be liable or responsible for any claims or potential claims arising from use of the Act One™ service.